Nowadays the market is full of enough weight loss diets. This makes people confuse to choose which one is beneficial to shed those extra pounds. But there is the main principle which remain the same forever and which is a healthy Diet. Yes, a habit of Healthy eating will always keep you fit and energized the whole day. The Lemonade Diet also helps you to get quick weight loss result just in 10 days.
The Lemonade diet has a really great result, which is also known as the Master Cleanser or the Maple Syrup Diet. The diet has been becoming popular across the globe. thanks to celebrities like Beyoncé, who has personally endorsed the ‘results’ of the Lemonade diet. This diet has been believed to lead to quick weight loss and also naturally ‘detox’ the body.
This 10-day ‘cleansing’ diet involves the use of just four ingredients: cayenne pepper, lemon juice, maple syrup, and water. The diet is a very strict one and doesn’t allow the consumption of solid food at all. The lemonade diet has been believed to get quick results in a short period of time.
What Is A Lemonade Diet?
The Lemonade diet is basically a juice cleanser, which has cleansing benefits for the body, including ridding the body of all harmful toxins, especially in the colon region. The lemonade diet is obviously a quite extreme form of weight loss program and different people follow the diet program for varying amounts of time.
Nonetheless, the only thing that is uniform is that you haven’t consumed solid food throughout the duration of the diet. Most people ease into it by slowly letting go of food. This means that light eating is allowed at the beginning and the end of the diet. There are three points to be noted for this diet:
Point 1: You have to remove all unhealthy foods like junk foods and fried snacks from your diet and have only citrus fruits and the special lemonade detox drink. If you are starving, just one toast is allowed with breakfast.
Point 2: During this, you have to consume only the detox drink throughout the day, six times every day. This is the toughest part of the lemonade diet and it lasts the longest.
Point 3: The third part is when you back to your solid food daily diet you have to start with a small diet. It begins with as little as a cup of yogurt and just a handful of almonds. This gradually goes onto include vegetable salad and vegetable sandwich.
How To Make The Lemonade Detox Drink
The lemonade diet is prepared using freshly squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. All the ingredients are mixed in designated proportions with water to prepare the lemonade detox drink.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which has been proven to have antioxidant properties. It also aids digestion and promotes weight loss. Natural maple syrup is also rich in antioxidants and has a low glycaemic index. Cayenne pepper is known for its detoxification properties and may aid weight loss.
Does Lemonade Diet Lead To Weight Loss?
Since the lemonade diet drastically reduces the daily intake of calories, it is bound to lead to weight loss in the short-term. During the diet, people are only allowed to consume as many as 600 calories, as compared to the normal recommended calorie intake of 1600 calories for women and 2500 calories for men. The way our body functions is that it utilizes the carbohydrates from the food we eat to provide energy to us for daily functions. In the absence of these carbs, the body starts burning fat stored in our body to release energy, leading to weight loss. The benefits of lemonade are aplenty.
Also Read: 5 Best Exercises for Fast Weight loss Result
Benefits Of Lemonade Diet
- Lemonade diet obviously leads to weight loss due to the radical reduction of daily calorie intake. So, you may say that this is one obvious benefit of the lemonade diet – quick weight loss. Moreover, since
- The Lemonade diet includes a fair amount of citrus fruits which contain vitamin C, it may result in an improvement in the quality of your skin.
- Detoxification is also a possible benefit of the lemonade diet since both lemon juice and cayenne pepper have detox properties.
Side Effects Of Lemonade Diet
- Although the lemonade diet may have a number of side effects. Just some of the short-term side effects include nausea, fatigue, dizziness brought on from the starvation.
- There is also a risk of drastic loss of muscle mass in the long-term. Moreover, the diet is very impractical, as it needs the person practicing it to keep their levels of physical activity to a minimum.
- So, if you have a busy schedule and a lot of work to manage on an everyday basis, the lemonade diet may be impossible to manage.
- This is because the program effectively starves you of carbohydrates, so your energy levels are always running low during the period of the 10 or 15 days that you are on a diet.
- This obviously means that you will not be able to work out or engage in any kind of sports or outdoor recreational activities.
The diet also deprives you of certain essential minerals and vitamins, as is true in the case of any diet that takes away complete food groups from your daily meals.
A Wise Advise: The diet is certainly not recommended for people whose goal is a healthy weight loss. It is always advisable to consult your physician or dietitian before following any kind of diet.